Detroit HealthLink is becoming Michigan HealthLink. Stay tuned!
Detroit HealthLink is a region-wide coalition to address cancer-related needs in metropolitan Detroit. Funded in 2016 by the Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute, Detroit HealthLInk brings together community members, community-based organizations, and cancer researchers to develop research ideas as well as educational and service-based programs. If community members and researchers work together, targeted research and programming can be developed to improve a wide range of cancer outcomes in our area.
Cancer Action Councils: The heart of HealthLink
At the heart of Detroit HealthLink are the Cancer Action Councils (CACs): groups of community members and leaders who use their local knowledge to improve the lives of cancer patients, survivors, and caregivers in their communities.
Detroit HealthLink currently has 8 active Cancer Action Councils (CACs):
- Voices of Detroit Initiative (VODI)/Conner Creek [Detroit, Wayne County]
- Karmanos Cancer Institute (KCI) [Detroit, Wayne County]
- Western Wayne [Inkster, Wayne County]
- ACCESS-Arab Americans [Dearborn, Wayne County]
- LGBT Detroit-Sexual & Gender Minorities [Detroit, Wayne County]
- American Cancer Society [Southfield, Oakland County]
- The Lake House & Macomb County Health Department [Mt. Clemens, Macomb County]
- Ebenezer Ministries [Burton, Genesee County]
You can read the about the early activities of the Conner Creek, KCI, and Western Wayne CACs here.
For more information call Knoll Larkin at 313-576-9691 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.